Sentence Checker Free Online
What is a sentence checker? Well, in brief, it’s an online service that looks at your writing and tells you when you’ve made structural errors or typos. It’s a very useful tool for students and other writers alike. Since the rules of grammar can be quite complicated, even experienced writers can find them useful. There’s no shame in needing help.
Fun Grammar Facts
We’ll give you an example of what we mean about complex grammar rules. What’s the difference between ‘i.e.’ and ‘e.g.’? Most people don’t know, and they are often used interchangeably. Let’s look at some quick ways to differentiate. This will make you look much more professionally.
I.e. stands for the Latin phrase id est, which means ‘that is’. So, when you’re using i.e., you’re using it like ‘that is’. You’re using it to give a specific meaning to a referent. For instance, ‘I think there’s a problem with this stage, i.e., the falling sandbags’. Substitute ‘that is’: ‘I think there’s a problem with this stage, that is, the falling sandbags’.
Now, by contrast, e.g. stands for exempli gratia, another Latin phrase. This one means ‘for example’ – easy to remember, since exempli looks a lot like example! Use this when you would use ‘for example’. To adapt the above sentence, ‘I think there are some problems with the stage, e.g., the falling sandbags.’ Let’s rephrase that: ‘I think there are some problems with the stage, for example, the falling sandbags.’
To break this down to the very basic principle, you use i.e. when you’re giving the only possible option. You use e.g. when you’re giving one of several options. I.e. is more like an explanation; e.g. is more of an example.
You can see how much two letters can pack in! This is the sort of thing we mean when we warn you about the complexities of grammar. A sentence fixer can catch this kind of mistake when you might not.
Benefits of Free Sentence Correction
So what are the advantages of free sentence correction online? Let’s look at five and we’ll see if that convinces you.
- It’s free: This one may seem obvious given the title of this section, but it’s worth remembering. Most editing services will charge you a lot of money that you probably don’t have. Our free sentence checker won’t. It’s always completely free.
- It’s simple: All you have to do is paste in the paper and go. What could be easier? You have so much stress on your shoulders already. We want to make it easy as possible for you. That’s why we’ve designed our application to be simple and quick to understand.
- It doesn’t require another person: Talking to people? Not a requirement! Showing someone else your incomplete work is intimidating and can feel far too vulnerable for most people. With the sentence correction tool, you don’t have to. We don’t save your data, so the only person who sees your mistakes will be you.
- You can learn: You’ll be checking the results and making the edits yourself, and in the process, you’ll get the opportunity to learn about why each edit was made. This helps the rules stick in your memory far better than they otherwise would have.
- You have more control: You have a choice about whether or not to make the edits. Sometimes when you know grammar rules thoroughly you can decide to break them. Alternately, occasionally the checker may return a false positive. Because you have control over making the edits, you can easily discard anything unsuitable.
Use a Sentence Correction Service
You have seen the benefits of instant grammar check. Don’t you think you owe yourself a chance to excel? It’s easy, fast, and free, so you don’t have to worry about anything. All of your concerns about writing can be assuaged with this excellent tool.